Thursday, November 15, 2012

Christmas present - Owl skirt and top set

I've been busy sewing again, attempting to get organised for Christmas. I'd made this skirt for a niece earlier this year and made another spare to put away for another niece for Christmas. I got busy today and appliqued the matching top. One Christmas pressie completed.



 Above picture: this is a close up of the applique. I used a small bowl to trace an exact circle of the visoflex, roughly cut around outside this border, positioned the visoflex on the pattern fabric, ironed, cut accurately around the circle, peeled off the backing, positioned the fabric on the top, ironed again. I finished off this time sewing a zig zag stitch around the outside of the fabric piece to hold secure.
Above picture: This is a close up of the pleated hem of the skirt. Makes a plain skirt that little bit more fancy.


No comments:

Post a Comment