Friday, February 17, 2012

Stampin Up - Upsy Daisy #7

This cute card using my favourite Stampin Up set SU 'Upsy Daisy' was CASED from Amy Sheffer at http://pickledpaperdesigns.blogspot.com.au/2008/08/sketchy-birthday-celebration.html. Mine isn't identical but I loved Amy's original design that much that it's pretty close in just about every way (colour, layout, stamps etc).
I had difficulty securing the scallop border punch section used in the middle of the circle. I punched the length of a 12" cardstock in coordinating colour, then cut the strip off leaving about 1 cm overhang. I scored the centre line and folded the scallops over. I used my scissors to make little slits at each scallop join, then secured the 1cm overhang to the back of the card. This was the easy bit - see below...
I then thought the best way to secure the scallops (albeit fiddly) would be to use double-sided tape on each scallop. Unfortunately the scallops kept lifting so I ended up securing them (and almost a few fingers) using super glue. It got a little messy but it did the job. I'm not sure of a better way as the natural pressure of the folded over scallop was enough to keep lifting the scallop. If you find a better way, please let me know! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment